A few examples of the design possibilities, they are endless!
Call for your custom design today!
The Curbing Process
Since many homeowners are naturally concerned about their yards, one of the concerns that arises is how concrete can be placed between their lawns and flower beds with minimal damage. The process of the curbing operation helps alleviate this concern.
1. Trenching:The ground preparation is completed utilizing a small trenching machine, and shovels. The trench is usually cut 1” to 2” deep and 10” wide.
2. Mixing:The concrete is mixed on site with a self contained trailer and mixer. the mix is a zero-slump mix made with sand, cement, air entrainment, integral colour (colours curb all the way through) and fiber mesh. the machine produces a concrete curb with the compressive strength of approximately 28,000 to 34,000 ponds per square inch.
3. Extruding:The concrete is wheeled to the site, fed into the machine and extruded into a beautiful, continuous concrete landscape border. there are different slip forms attached to the machine according to the design chosen by the customer.
4. Finishing: The finishing touch to a beautiful product is accomplished with the ease of hand tools. As a n added precaution to ground movement, control joints are immediately cut into the curbing every two to three feet.
5. Clean up:Since there is no form work, no cement trucks and no landscape damage, clean up is minimal.